Counseling For Children
This two minute video will give you an idea about how I will be working with you and your youngster.
I work with children ages 6 thru 11.
Having received my Doctorate in Psychology and as a former elementary school teacher who has taught children with special needs, I realize that this period in your child’s development is so critical. When a youngster is in elementary school their self image is so fragile and they have limited coping skills. Below are six questions that can help you determine if your child needs counseling and if you as a parent could use some additional coaching.
- Am I getting constant communications about my child’s behavior or performance in school?
- Does my child have nightmares or trouble going to sleep?
- Does my child overeat or not seem to have an appetite?
- Does my child spend hours at the computer?
- Does my child have trouble making friends?
- Does my child either withdraw or constantly get into arguments at home?
- Does my child seem very anxious before she has to leave for school in the morning?
- Does my child come home from school depressed or seeming lost?
Below are several issues that I can help your child with:
- Sleep Anxiety
- School & Social Anxiety
- Social skills
- Family Relationships
- ODD (Oppositional Defiant Disorder)
- ADD & ADHD
- Bullying and cyber bullying (which has become a big issue at all ages)
- Peer pressure
In addition to having my Doctorate in Psychology, I have taught classrooms and have been trained as a guidance counselor and social worker. I am licensed as a Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) and as a Marriage & Family Counselor (LMFC) in New Jersey.
Please feel free to contact me at (1) 888-281-5850
My office hours are:
Monday – Thursday 1:00 – 9:00 PM
Friday – 1:00 – 7:00 PM