How Much Influence to You Have with Your Spouse?
One of the most important variables in a relationship is that partners feel that they have influence (not control) over their mate.
I have taken the following 10 questions from my book
“The Essential Guide to A Lasting Marriage” to share with you”. so that you can get a perspective of just how much influence you really have with your partner.
Next to each number rate the answer from 1 – 10 (one is very little and ten is a great deal) When your done, see how high your “influence scale” is.
1. I have a lot of respect for my spouse.
2. My spouse really listens to me.
3. I take what my spouse thinks seriously
4. We always discuss big decisions with each other.
5. My spouse usually knows where I am
6. We usually compromise when we disagree
7. I reach out to my spouse when I am having a difficult time.
8. I think my spouse is pretty smart about the things that count.
9. I listen to my spouse even when I disagree with them
10. When we fight about something and get very upset, we work things out when we both have had a chance to cool down.
Count up the ratings you have given each question and see how high (or low) your “influence scale” is