Tips from my book “The Essential Guide to Lasting Relationships”.
Below are eight factors to take into account that will help couples maintain a sense of closeness to each other.
1. I ask my partner about their day
2. My partner asks me about my day
3. I spend at least 15 minutes a day alone with my partner, just talking about things
4. I look forward to my weekends so that I can spend more time alone with my partner.
5. My partner is curious about my life in general
6. I am curious about my partner’s life in general
7. We have meaningful conversations
8. I talk to/email my spouse on a daily basis.