Understanding Yourself and Your Anger
This blog is designed to help you to understand your anger. Understanding is the first step in change, the more aware you are the more able you are to stop anger from being an negative force in your life. Below is a eighteen question self evaluation to help you to take the first step in helping you with managing your anger appropriately.
1. Rate your anger at it’s highest 1 – 10 ____ (higher than a 5) Yes (lower than a 5) no
2. How long does it last? ______ (longer than a few hours) Yes (less than a few hours) no
3. How frequently do you get very angry? __________
4. Do you express anger in a way that overwhelms
you and others? Yes no
5. Do you get angry more often than most people you know?Yes No
6. Do you get angrier than is necessary? __________ Yes No
7. Do you use threatening language or gestures? Yes No
8. Do you get angry enough to hit, throw or kick things, people or animals?
9. Do you obsess for hours after the angry incident?
10. Do you hide angry feelings from others or try to suppress your feelings? Yes No
If you have honestly answered these questions and have more than five yes’s then there could be a problem
11. Do you use alcohol or drugs to calm your anger? Yes No
This is a good and effective way to evaluate one’s anger. Also a better way to understand one’s self. Thank you for sharing this self-evaluating activity.
I really need to learn some anger management! It’s for my own good.
Sure, feel free to give me a call (732)246-8484 and I’ll be glad to make some suggestions as to how you can get help with your anger issues.